Monday, June 5, 2017

I love to see the temple

MLC
Sis Holbrook
It's getting hot and we did yardwork so we felt like we earned ice
cream. A yummy place called Rollies just opened in Marysville.
Hello everybody!

This week was another great one!

TEMPLE DAY!
So I've been looking forward to this day since we heard we would be able to go. Waking up Tuesday morning was even more exciting than Christmas morning! We had a great MLC and I learned a lot about how to be a better teacher and how I make my studies more meaningful. Then we went to the temple for a session. President Daines was able to take a bunch of us through the veil and it was a super special experience. Something really cool. We went in fasting and I fasted to know what to do to help someone get baptized before President leaves at the end of the month. I was praying a lot to try to know what to do. I had a prompting to look at the name I was doing work for. Her name was "Anna." I felt a ton of peace and got some good ideas about how to help our investigator Anna keep progressing!

Speaking of Anna. We taught her on exchanges!. We taught the word of wisdom to be sure she will be ready to be baptized in a few weeks. She said the only thing she had issues with was tobacco, which we suspected. She said that she's been working on quitting and actually completely stopped LAST WEEK! She's still getting treatments and help and stuff, but she was excited to see that she was living God's commandment before she knew it was a commandment. Sadly her 19 year old son had 2 heart attacks and she has been in the ICU with him and hasn't felt comfortable leaving his side. We haven't heard from her since Saturday so we hope she's okay. We will have to move her baptism but it's okay, we will give her some time to be ready.

Everyone else is doing pretty good! Lots of people flaked out for church but it's okay, we will work even harder to get everyone there next week!

We had exchanges! I got to go with Sister Holbrook who only has one transfer left. She's an awesome missionary and I was able to learn a lot from her!

That's about all that's super worth sharing. This week we behave interviews and more exchanges! I love the gospel.

Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment