Sunday, October 8, 2017

Got Jesus on My Mind (Oct 2)










Hello Everyone!

This week was GREAT! I'll start by telling you about the awesome people who watched a session conference with us.

K: she's still on date! We meet with her a few times each week and she's still doing great. She recognizes that her answer won't come like a light switch but will be more like a sunrise. She loved Conference and said it was very unique. The gospel and everything about it just click in her mind. YAY!

M: he was the former we reached out to a while ago. His member friend was visiting and he brought him to conference! And we were able to set up a time this week to meet. His friend is leaving on a mission soon!

J: I met Jason on exchanges on Friday. He was walking near us and I noticed his Ohio University sweater. I always get super excited when I see OU stuff because I can talk with people about my time in Athens last summer. So we got talking and before we even brought up the gospel he asked where he church was. We were pretty close and offered to show him. He said sure! So we gave him a church tour and taught him a bit. He came for a lesson before conference and just soaked it all in. He was super engaged and was laughing and feeling the spirit and it was just perfect. We are meeting with him again this week :)

C: he's an adorable Chinese guy we met like a month ago. He came to church a few weeks ago and it's been hard to get ahold of him. Finally we did and he came to conference. Some member was asking why he agreed to meet with us and he said lots of his family are christians and he wants to be too. They told him to come to church and lessons with us! Supportive family! Yes! He has a lesson this week too.

P: he's still on date as well! We taught him about prophets this week. He was a little weary about them but agreed to pray about and ponder it. He came to conference and really seemed to enjoy it. We've been helping him loosen up and open up a lot more. He's pretty quiet and shy. We gave him a fun nickname that he loves, it's knickknack patty wack 😂😂

There were also a lot of fun meetings to attend!
MLC: we got a refresher on the safeguards for using technology. It was cool. I love the spiritual reboost that comes from MLC.
Interviews: it's always so nice to get direct counsel from Heavenly Father through the mission president! He's such a loving inspired man.
Exchanges: I took Sister Zaugg! We had so much fun. We met Jason (mentioned earlier), walked Maureen home and contacted with her (she prayed that I would find a husband as we're out contacting.. haha it was thankfully unsuccessful), and got the Friday tradition of Buckeye donuts. General Conference: We watched 2 of the sessions at the institute. We pulled the couches into the gym and projected it on the wall. It was so fun! One of the sessions all the STLs went to the mission home. It was nice. We also went to the mission home with the OSU district. Yay! During all the sessions, so many questions were answered. For me, I realized that I need to open my eyes and see the full perspective of people who are struggling. It was Craig W Zwick's talk that hit me. So many questions and concerns from investigators were answered too!! If you haven't watched all the sessions.. do it! You'll be able to find them on lds.org.

I love the gospel and I love sharing it all the time! Everything is worth it. I wouldn't trade my mission for the world! I have loved focusing on the Savior and always trying to have him on my mind. I said something like the subject line a few days ago and now it's just a running joke. I really do got Jesus on my mind. I love Him! I love you all!

Love, Sister Barnes

Pics
High st
The dabbs and the district
Buckeye donut Friday with Sister Zaugg
Maureen and her bunny
🐰
STLs and my comps
Conference ft the Stratford's
OSU district ft the Stratford's
OSU Sisters eating dinner on a member's porch

No comments:

Post a Comment