Sunday, October 8, 2017

STLT Trio on Campus (Sep 25)






Helllooooo!

Let me explain the subject. So, as you know, I stayed on campus! I am still the sister training leader for the sisters on campus. I am also follow up training Sister Edmunds! (btw.. I WAS RIGHT! I knew she was going to be my companion
😊) I took her on an exchange last transfer and we basically had the time of our lives. Pumped to be with her again! Now for the biggest surprise to everyone (especially me). We are in a trio! We also have Sister Harisay who came out the same time as like half of my companions (Sister Flora, Sister Hall, and Sister Andersen). It's a weird situation and probably first time ever trio on campus. It's a tough adjustment but we are figuring it out!

The past few days have been awesome. I said bye to Sister Johnson which was sad
😭. She is back home in Oregon living life! I learned so much from her.

P is still awesome!! He is on date for October 28th. He is just soaking in everything we teach. We taught about praying and reading the scriptures and at the end of the lesson he said he was thinking about how he doesn't have time for all that, then realized that it was Satan telling him that and that he needed to figure out how to prioritize his life! He's the best.

We also met K. She is so cool. We met her while we were waiting for the next bus (we missed the first one because we were talking to someone as it drove by). She is 6'3" and a new freshman. She square dances and is on the rowing team. She has questions that Joseph Smith had about which of the many churches is right. She has been reading and praying and is anxiously searching for an answer. The members who have met her absolutely love her, and we do too! If all goes well, we will put her on date this week!!

We did service with the ward and invited our friend. He's the guy who came up to me and Sister Johnson as we were picking up trash. He asked if he could help and we said sure! So he gave us a his number and asked us to text him about service things he can do. Then he sent us a text a week or two ago asking if we had any service. We didn't then, but we did this week! So he came with us and he is super cool. One day we will start teaching him.
 
The Women's session of general conference was SO GOOD! I had some random inspired goals for this transfer that were very in line with the theme of the conference. I felt like they were all speaking directly to me. I need to repent and be better.

That's about all! We just had a district activity and it was a blast.
I love campus!!!

Love, Sister Barnes

Pics
The last van ride with the twelve
The trio
We wore our pday clothes under our dresses so we could ride the bus
😂
The new district!

No comments:

Post a Comment