Friday, November 3, 2017

Keepin it real (Nov 1)










Hello Everyone!!!!

Tomorrow marks the first day of my last transfer. It will also be my first day in a new area. I'm being six week shafted for the final weeks of my mission! I can't believe it, I'm going to miss campus so much.

The past week and a half have been incredible. There were like 100000000 highlights so I'll share short bits of just a few of them.

We had MLC and learned more about the sacrament. We also all got President Stratford tshirts. It was fun to see lots of my good pals :)

I took Sister Skeen on an exchange. This is her first transfer and she is amazing. We gave a guy a card and were explaining what was on it. He was looking at the card, not where he was going, and got like 4 inches away from ramming his face into a giant screw on a pole. Haha it was funny.

We met lots of athletes this week. A football player is a new investigator. A soccer player stayed close while a creepy man was talking to us. The soccer player is a freshman and is going to come to church whenever he doesn't have an away game.

OSU played Penn state and had a major comeback and won by one. We didn't watch of course but just imagine how crazy the whole campus was. Before he game started we helped this guy carry a bunch of stuff. We got to walk right by the stadium through all the tailgating. It was incredible.

It snowed. I almost cried.

We met a crazy man named ice cream on the bus. He said his name was ice cream, different flavors for different neighbors. All eyes on cream! He gave us folded up papers and said he wanted us to have them. They're pictures of himself haha.

J. agreed to read the Book of Mormon every day for a month. As incentive, a recent convert promised to ask a girl out from the ward if she does it. I love YSA wards.
 
Our friendly bus driver took us to dinner again. He was asking about his cousin who is now a member. He asked if we have the wear the "keep it real" rings. We were like huh?? He meant CTR rings. I like the idea of a  KIR ring lol.

L. has been progressing amazingly well. I am going to miss her so much! She has quickly become one of my best friends. She came to church and loved it. We've been teaching her at least twice a week since we met.

K. is great. She has had questions her whole life about random stuff. She never has had them answered. She brought them to us and we've been able to answer some! I just love her! She's planning a trip for Summer 2019 when Sister Edmunds and I will be in Utah.

P. kinda tried to drop us. We invited him to dinners and church and everything and he still came. He loves the church. He can't get away!

Short and sweet but it's all I have time for. I'll know where I'm going tomorrow and I'll email next week! Remember, pday is always on Wednesday now! Cheers to my last transfer!

Remember God loves you!

Love, Sister Barnes

Pics
MLC
The final district pic
It's cold out. We use foot warmers for our hands
Brutus
When we got to go by the stadium on game day

ROTC Brutus

No comments:

Post a Comment