Monday, November 20, 2017

Last stop: Riverside (Nov 8)






Hello Everyone!!

My last transfer will be in Riverside! It covers part of the town called Upper Arlington. It's super close to campus and the temple and stuff, it's awesome!! After 9 months I have been released as a sister training leader and I'm follow up training Sister Herrera! She's from Caldwell, Idaho. She is AWESOME! She has such a positive attitude and is so willing to do whatever God asks. So. Sister Herrera was first trained by Sister Mayhew. Sister Mayhew was trained by Sister Flora. Sister Flora was trained by..ME! So, with the "family trees" with training/mom's/grandmas/etc. Sister Herrera was my great granddaughter and now she's my daughter! So our family line is a little messed up but hey, they kept us in the family.

I am very excited and know that it's very inspired for me to be in Riverside with Sister Herrera in the district we're in. I'll explain a few reasons why.

SISTER GARLICK! She's the girl I knew from her mission in Nauvoo and at BYU. Guess what Ward she's in? Riverside! She lives in the apartments right next to ours. We decided God knows we need each other on our missions!

One of my sister training leaders is one of my favorite companion/missionary/friend/person of all time. Sister Hall! We were blessed to go on an exchange on Monday and it was so good. She is such an amazing missionary and we worked super hard together and it brought back so many of our good memories from Marysville. Wow, it was just great. I literally cried tears of joy when we started the exchange!

I always begged President Daines to put me in a biking area. Well, he never did, but he must've told God or something.. cause I'm here now! I'm seriously so excited to be biking half the time!! It makes everything more fun. We have what's called a car share. We have a car one week and the Elders have it the other. I'm so excited haha

We're starting to pick up the work a lot! It's been pretty slow the last few months. We've already found several new investigators and helped get a part member family to church that Sisters have been trying to get for a while!

That's about all for this week! I miss campus and it's been a weird adjustment going back to a real area haha. It's been fun though. Next week we have a general authority coming to do a mission tour so our pday will be on Monday next week. All the other weeks it will be on Wednesday!

Love you all!

Sister Barnes

Pics

Bye trio :(
Giant leaves and my third baby/great grandbaby
Exchanges!!

No comments:

Post a Comment