Sunday, September 10, 2017

Bananas from Heaven (Aug 23)









Hello everyone!

This week was so crazy and awesome!!

Tender mercies are real. So on Monday right after pday, guess who was on the bus?! It was so fun to see him and his changing heart. He is still struggling with deciding what to do for the transition, but he loves the marble cliff sisters and the ward there too. Then later that night we realized we forgot to eat dinner with the pday craziness. Right as we were talking about it we saw 2 perfect bananas on this ledge by a pretty busy building on campus. We sat down and worked on some stuff and watched to see if anyone was going to take them. We felt like it was manna from heaven so we snagged them and enjoyed a nice little snack.

Wednesday we had interviews with President Stratford. He told me some awesome and encouraging and humbling things. It's so cool to see God work through him.

Thursday I had exchanges with Sister Empey! We had a fun experience that morning. We persistently offered service for a few students who were moving in. Finally they let us help and it was fun.  We carried huge heavy boxes up a few flights of stairs. It was super hot and we were super sweaty but all the students involved said they would come to church sometime. It was great! We also helped a member organize her dorm room. There was no AC or fan and it was at least 100 degrees with 99% humidity in there. Haha we were dying and she almost passed out. But it was fun! That morning we got stuck in a contact on the bus and barely missed our regular stop. We stood up to wait for the next on and the driver kept slamming his brakes and it was a super bumpy ride. I almost fell over like 4 times. Then I was pushing the back door open to get out and I fell out of the bus. Haha pretty embarrassing but oh well
😂

Other random things
So many men are creepy. 

Bring a member and their dog contacting is the secret to getting people to talk to you. 
S. is doing great. We taught him the word of wisdom and the law of chastity in lessons this week. He is getting more and more excited for his baptism in a few weeks. He came to church and loved it! He stayed all 3 hours and soaked it all in.

Last night was way way fun. There was the involvement fair where thousands of new students come to get involved in clubs and other activities. There were booths set up and a billion people walking around everywhere. We got a bunch of members and coordinated with the ward mission leader to go on splits. So, we had 12 sets of missionaries out contacting for 2-3 hours. It was a blast!!! Just in our companionship alone, we got 85 contacts, 7 new investigators, and a ton of potentials. I love new freshmen! I got to be with Bianca, who I met when I was in Powell! She was an awesome companion for a few hours.

One last thing that made me so happy I almost cried (which is kind of a big deal because I don't cry very much). So back when I was in Marysville we got special permission to teach a 9 year old LA's daughter to prep her for baptism in a week's time (who remembers that?). It was crazy but it was awesome. The older sister was recently reactivated and is in the YSA Ward. We got pretty close with her in Marysville and helped her understand basic, basic things about the gospel. Just yesterday she told me that she has decided to serve a mission and has started her papers! She said I was a key influence in helping her decide. I LOVE IT! The church is true.

I love the gospel! I love being a missionary!! Mostly, I love Jesus Christ! I have been memorizing The Living Christ to have it help me get rid of distracting thoughts. One night there was a giant party on campus and they were blasting music. Good music that I liked at home. It was impossible to avoid but it was possible to not listen to. I recited the living Christ out loud several times to make my mind not pay attention to the blasting music. I probably looked like a crazy woman but I kept the spirit with me and didn't listen. It can be hard sometimes being so close to worldly things. But it's a great way to build self control and show my true desire to be obedient and consecrated. Satan is tricky but I'm not letting him win!

There was SO MUCH MORE but I'm short on time and desire to write haha. We have a mission activity today which will be way fun. Then school starts tomorrow for OSU so everyone is here and we are just going crazy talking to everyone. It's terrifying but I love it. I love serving on campus!

No comments:

Post a Comment