Sunday, September 10, 2017

School is Back! (Aug 28)








Hello Everyone!

This was another good week! SCHOOL IS BACK! It is so so so fun to have SO many students around ALL THE TIME!!!

The mission activity was so fun. We played tug-of-war and lots of frisbee and sports and relay races and stuff. The sisters in our zone won the tug of war so I'm super pumped about that. I couldn't lift my arms for like 3 days but it was totally worth it. One of the things that made me happy is that S. is doing great! He had a super crazy first week of classes, but he was about to make to one of the Sisters' investigators baptism! After the baptism everyone was writing notes to the new member to congratulate her and bear their testimonies. The Sisters showed us what he wrote, "Hi M., congratulations on being baptized. I am a convert who is looking to be baptized and if yours is anything like mine, I will be very happy. I am so proud of you and I hope to become your brother in Christ soon enough!" AHH! That says it good enough! Sadly he wasn't able to make it to church because of some family things. The earliest he can be baptized is the 16th. Buuut that's the day of stake conference. So it may have to be the first week of next transfer. Or maybe during the week before transfers so it can happen before Sister Johnson leaves. We will see! He's great and I adore him.

God prompts us in weird ways. One day we were walking down 12th (the street the institute is on) and all the beer cans and red solo cup garbage stood out to me a lot more than normal. I had a small prompting to get some trash bags and pick it up. So we did. About 2 minutes into picking stuff up, a guy walked up and asked if he could help. We said sure! So he grabbed some supplies and we had a good time cleaning up the street and talking about religion. We were able to get his contact info and he wants to get involved with service projects associated with the church. He has a whole fraternity of friends who want to help with service! We're now working with the ward to get a service project set up. So we spent a while picking up trash but it found us someone cool.

Thursday I got to go on my fourth exchange with Sister Hansen. I've been her STL for 4 of her 5 transfers. It's the best. On the exchange, we experienced a lot of miracles. One of the biggest miracles was with a girl named T. She is a student and is so prepared. She said that her front door's open to religion and is just waiting for something to walk in. She doesn't know what it is that she's waiting for, but she knows that she's waiting for something. She has looked around at a lot of different churches and has not found one that she is able to feel is right. We were able to sit down with her on campus for a few minutes and talk with her. She is awesome!

President Stratford and the assistants FaceTimed the MLC to tell some exciting news. We have MLC this week and we're getting more info then so I'll tell you next week. Also we will be going to the temple next week for a (very belated) year mark trip for me. Pday will be on Wednesday.

Until then,
Sister Barnes





Pics
OSU district at the mission activity
The Elders' investigator Corrin came chalking with us
The District
Gretchen bought us ice cream
Exchanges and my fave bus driver Simon (pronounced sha-moan)
Hilary Hodson! Family friend from Nauvoo. I found out she moved here
and was working on campus so we tracked her down
😊
Dada Empanada with Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment